- Cannellini Bean and Onion Spread (Not-so-Simple)
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Radishes and Cucumbers
- Spicy Black Beans
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Vegetarian Sausage and Dried Cherries
- Split Pea and Coconut Milk Soup
- Squid with Chickpeas and Kielbasa
- Chicken with Red Lentils and Artichoke Hearts
- Cannellini Salad with Tomatoes, Anchovies and Capers
- Cannellini Bean and Onion Spread (Simple)
- Bourbon Pecan Sweet Potatoes
This recipe has been taken from the Trufflehead app for iPhone and iPad.
An unusual salad with lots of ingredients, but mega flavor and great texture too! Perfect with grilled seafood, chicken, and porkâ€”especially dishes with Tex-Mex influences. We like it with Mesquite Lime Chicken (both versions), Broiled Bluefish with Cilantro-Chipotle Mayonnaise, Grilled Shrimp with Smoky Barbecue Rub, and Bison Burgers with Chipotle Ketchup. You can serve it at room temperature or chilled, and you can prep everything except the avocado up to 1 day ahead. (The avocado should be peeled and cut just before serving to avoid discoloration.) Tip: A ripe avocado can be stored in the fridge for several days.
The Trufflehead app support system for this recipe includes hyper-linked photos of and selection/storage info on bell peppers, red onion, avocado, flat-leaf parsley, and balsamic vinegar, as well as the following multimedia demos: Bell Peppers (chop), Onions (chop), Avocado (seed and chop), Parsley (mince), and Citrus (juicing). And, for the true beginner, the equipment list for the recipe offers hyper-linked images for chef’s knife, strainer, measuring cups, measuring spoons, paring knife, and salad servers.
Time: 30 to 60 minutes
Per serving: 186 calories, 5 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 29 g total carbohydrate, 12 g dietary fiber, 9 g protein, 9 mg sodium.